Already Had a (not so great) Boudoir Shoot?- It’s Time to Give It Another Shot.
When you book a boudoir photo shoot, you’re putting a lot into the hands of your photographer. Not only are you entrusting them with your dreams for how your photos will turn out, but you’re plucking up a whole lot of courage to show off your sexy self.
If the final images aren’t everything you ever dreamed of, it’s totally fair that you’re disappointed. You might even feel a little bit betrayed. But don’t let that stop you from trying boudoir, again! Whatever the reason for your photos not being everything you wanted, you should give boudoir photography another shot. Here’s why:
1. Experienced hands will always win out One of the most common reasons that people find themselves not loving their photography is because the photographer they’ve paired with is under experienced. There’s nothing wrong with getting a fun photo shoot from a photographer who is just starting out, but the rule holds true: You get what you pay for. Make sure you do your research on how long a photographer has been in the industry, if you want to get the most out of your shoot.
2. You deserve to have photos you love When it comes down to it, you deserve to have photos you l-o-v-e, and sometimes that doesn’t happen on the first try. The good news is, there are photographers who will bend over backwards (sometimes literally) in order to make you look amazing. Hold out for those photographers, and bet your boudoir on the winning horse. A great way to gauge what you’re signing up for is to take a look at the portfolio of the photographer you’re pairing with. Read recommendations, testimonials and make sure they all line up with what you’re looking for.
3. Getting back on the horse is healthy Remember that initial excitement when you booked your first boudoir session? You can have that again! Throw those terrible photos in the fire if you need to. Nobody needs to know. Getting back in the game is a part of being a healthy, happy, beautiful woman and we’re here to support you along the way.
4. Teamwork makes the dream work At Boudoir by Lorie we have an amazing team that will make you glow even more than you already do, before you even step foot in front of a camera. From makeup to hair, it’s our mission to bring out that inner glow. When you’re looking for a new boudoir photographer make sure they’re going to treat you like the goddess you are.
5. It’s a new day – let’s celebrate There’s a myth going around that you can’t do a boudoir shoot unless it’s a holiday or special occasion. I call bullshit. Showing off your beautiful self is worthy of any day of the week. When it comes down to it, boudoir is about you feeling beautiful, inside and out. That’s not a feeling reserved for special occasions. You rock that Tuesday in January, girl. We’ll be here to cheer you on.
No matter why you found your first boudoir experience to be less than amazing, we’re happy to help you create a beautiful re-imagining. For more tips and tricks, or for any questions you might have about how we take boudoir to the next level, feel free to reach out to Lorie@PhotosByLorie.com