Soft but shiny is the best way to describe satin finishes, and these finishes have been applied to multiple items including paint, fabric, and paper. In boudoir photography, satin conjures different images of sexy satin sheets or satin lips. It is perfect in its beauty and its shimmer. There are multiple ways to accomplish a satin finish in Houston boudoir photography that will make your lover swoon and you look your best.
5 Ways to Incorporate Satin Finishes in Houston or Florida Boudoir Photography
1. Skin: In so many boudoir photography shoots, satin skin is the metaphorical icing on the cake. Hydrated skin reflects light, and the effect is nothing short of glamorous. This allows the photographer to use light more effectively to enhance the body.
2. Sheets: It is almost a cliché to incorporate satin sheets into intimate moments, but in photography, it actually enhancing. With satin, it is all about catching the light, and there is more light in the reflection of satin sheets.
3. Ribbon: Satin is sometimes presented in minutia and the little details that add quality and adornment to clothing and props. As always, creativity is welcome in boudoir. This means satin ribbons may show up in high-end lingerie, or you might want to tie yourself up with a big satin ribbon as the perfect present.
4. Lingerie: Classic lingerie is often made from satin material that caresses curves and hugs the body in a way that is softening and alluring. Not only does it look sexy, but it feels soft and comfortable. You will look good in your shoot, but you can also feel confident and pampered in your satin finish.
5. Unexpected Places: You can actually incorporate satin into many unexpected places to elevate daily items into sensual status. The satin lapel of a suit coat can make it lingerie. Satin boxer shorts are playful and definitely not utilitarian. If you add satin to unexpected places, there is no mistaking it for anything else other than intimate.
Satin Finishes Shine in Houston Boudoir
There are many things to think about when you are planning your Houston boudoir photography shoot, and most of those things revolve around details. It is the details that elevate your shoot from amateur to professional, and choosing satin among those details is typically successful. If you have any doubts about using satin, go to a fabric store or a store that sells satin lingerie and lay your hands on the material. Usually, satin feels like the perfect fabric for an intimate moment.
CONTACT US HERE to chat about how you want to be photographed!